The Black History Youth Art Contest is a City-wide art contest open to kindergarten through twelfth grade students. The Youth Art Contest ends at 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 31, 2019.
Entries may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must include one original piece of art, a signed release form and short written description of the artwork to be considered eligible for the contest. Only Jpeg files, 3MB maximum file size, will be accepted. A completed entry must be submitted by 12:00 pm on January 31, 2019. The body of the email must include the artist name, address, phone number, and school name. Attachments must include original, high-resolution artwork, signed release form and brief description of the artwork. The e-mail subject line should say "Black History Youth Art Contest." Entries must be emailed to email@example.com by 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 31, 2019.
To request more information about the contest, please fill out the form below.
A completed Release Form must accompany all contest entries. Download the form by clicking on the link above.
• All photos will be pre-screened by City of Hollywood personnel.
• Artwork must be 2-D and not exceed 36" X 36"
• Artwork must be ready to be hung, labeled with artist name and grade level
• Artwork must be at least 300 dpi and no more than three (3) megabytes in size
• Artwork, release form and short written description of the artwork should be emailed as an attachment no later than 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 31, 2019.
• Only original artwork will be accepted.
• Entries must be in keeping with the theme "Black Migration."
• Limit of one entry per person.
• All submissions will be the property of the City of Hollywood and can be used by the City at its discretion.
• The City of Hollywood will select a panel of judges to select the winning entries. The panel’s decisions will be final.
• Winners will be announced and awarded at the Talented 10th Poetry Slam on Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at City Hall, 2600 Hollywood Boulevard. Winners also will be notified directly.
• The City of Hollywood reserves the right to cancel the contest or modify these rules at its discretion. • For further assistance please call Community Development Division at 954-921-3271.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field