Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE)
New buildings are constructed to meet higher standards of energy efficiency, however, there are steps property owners can take to improve the efficiency of older homes and businesses. These improvements can help conserve energy, reduce Greenhouse Gas emissions, save money and green our community.
The City of Hollywood recognizes one of the main barriers to making energy efficiency or renewable energy improvements is the cost. To assist, the City is participating in the PACE program.
What is PACE?
PACE (Property Assessed Clean Energy) eliminates the barrier of high upfront costs by allowing property owners to pay off energy efficient and/or green energy improvements through an assessment on their property tax bill.
What can be funded through PACE?PACE can be used to fund energy efficiency improvements, wind resistance measures and renewable electricity generation including, but not limited to, solar water heating systems; air sealing and ventilation systems; efficient doors and windows; insulation; “cool” roofs; water heaters; pool pumps; lighting fixtures and controls; storm shutters; wind resistant shingles; high impact windows and doors; photovoltaic systems; EV charging stations; and small wind turbines.
How do I participate in PACE?
- Before you apply - BE PACE SMART! Read these key points from Broward County.
- Select one of the approved PACE providers below.
- Determine eligibility with the provider.
- Choose a contractor and determine the scope and cost of the project.
- Secure financing for the project through the PACE provider.
- Install the improvements to your property.
- Enjoy your new energy efficient, wind resistant, clean energy generating home!
VIDEO: PACE Residential Workshop Evening Session - March 29, 2016
For more details about the steps, requirements, and eligibility, please contact an approved PACE provider.
PACE providers approved by the City of HollywoodAlliance NRG
Clean Energy Green Corridor / Ygrene Energy Fund Florida