Victim Advocacy and Services
Domestic Violence victims
- Women in Distress
- Crisis Hotline (954) 761-1133
- 24 hour crisis hotline that provides crisis intervention, advocacy services, counseling and information on domestic violence.
- Coast to Coast Legal Aid of South Florida (954) 358-5644
- The Family Law Unit provides holistic legal services to victims of intimate partner violence in the following areas divorce/custody, injunctions, health & public benefits, housing/foreclosure defense, SNAP & TANF, social security disability, and veteran representation.
- If you are deemed eligible, the services are FREE.
- If you have been served with legal documents or need representation at your injunction hearing, you can come to their office immediately with the documents.
- 491 N State Rd 7 2nd Floor Plantation, FL 33317
All crime victims
- Legal Aid Service of Broward County (954) 765-8950
- Provides free legal advice, representation and education to the low-income community of Broward County so as to improve the lifestyle and living conditions of residents.
- Services include dependency, kinship, landlord/tenant, homeless legal rights project, immigrant advocacy, and Veterans Pro Bono Project.
- 491 N State Rd 7 Plantation FL, 33317
Sexual Assault victims
- Nancy J. Cotterman Center
- 24 Hour Sexual Assault Helpline (954) 761-RAPE
- Free counseling services in both English and Spanish
Homeless crime victims
- Broward Outreach Center (954) 926-7417
- Provides meals, safe shelter, residential programs, employment and housing assistance.
- Homeless Task Force for Ending Homelessness
- At these locations and time/dates, The Task Force Outreach Van can be found. Task Force Outreach Workers conduct interviews and complete individual assessments. Victims can talk to workers about access to housing/shelter or referral/linkage to primary health care, behavioral health services, legal services, or family reunification.
- Sunday @ 1pm- 5th Avenue Church of God, 211 NW 5th Ave Fort Lauderdale
- Monday @ 3pm- St. Christopher’s Episcopal Church, 318 NW 6th Ave Fort Lauderdale
- Tuesday & Thursday @ 3pm- Vision of Hope, 1100 N Andrews, Fort Lauderdale
- Wednesday @ 3pm- Parking lot @ NW 4th & NW 2nd St, west side of NW 4th, For Lauderdale (Off Broward, one block north of the KFC)
- Friday @ 3pm & Saturday @ 1pm - North Fork Park, 200 NW 18th Ave, Fort Lauderdale
- Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday 11:30am- Jubilee Center 2020 Scott St, Hollywood
The Hollywood Police Department is committed to reducing domestic violence, that’s why we have partnered with Women in Distress to open a Victim’s Justice Center which offers a safe space for domestic violence victims and their children, to find the resources they need.
These services are free of charge, completely confidential, and open to everyone. Services are offered in multiple languages. The center offers counseling and support services, children’s services, education and professional training, women’s empowerment group, crisis hotline, and emergency shelter.
“Having victim advocates and law enforcement officers working alongside and as a team is crucial to increasing the resources and services available for the victims, and ensuring their safety.”
If you need help, or know someone who does, call 954-760-9800. Don’t suffer in silence.